Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Boy or Girl?

Well...we aren't finding out with this one? Can you believe that? Sammie "the planner" has decided its ok to have some surprises in life and we think this surprise will be extra-special. But that doesn't mean we can't take some extremely scientifically sound quizzes to see what they predict as far as our baby's gender. So here are my answers to the Gender Quiz questions:

It's a boy if:

* You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy - well, if you know me, my kids or the poor people who witnessed me puking in Wal-Mart yesterday you know that I have had (and continue to have) morning sickness...
* Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute - the last two times I have heard the baby's heartbeat, it was in the 150's
* You are carrying the extra weight out in front - yes, I have lost weight in other places but my belly continues to grow
* Your belly looks like a basketball - I think this sounds pretty accurate
* Your areola have darkened considerably - hmmm...this seems like TMI for a blog post
* You are carrying low - I have no idea...
* You are craving salty or sour foods - no, not really...except for Doritos...
* You are craving protein - meats and cheese - nope
* Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy - my feet are always cold
* The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy - if I had time to shave, this would help
* Your hands are very dry - yes
* Your pillow faces north when you sleep - my pillow faces west
* Dad-to-be is gaining weight too - nope (darn high metabolism)
* Pregnancy has you looking better than ever (ugh, no...again I've been puking)
* Your urine is a bright yellow in color - yes, I don't drink enough fluids according to Dr. Daddy
* Your nose is spreading - well if I knew what this was I would be alarmed if it was happening
* If you hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves in circles...yep
* You are having headaches - yes but this could be related to my three kiddos running around (often while yelling loudly)
* You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is even - yep, even

It's a girl if:

* You had morning sickness early in pregnancy - don't I wish it was just early pregnancy...
* Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute - yes, has been in the 150's
* You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear - no...pretty much out front
* Your left breast is larger than your right breast - again TMI for a family-friendly blog
* Your hair gets red highlights - well my hair has always had red-highlights...what about the streaks of grey "highlights" I have been noticing? I hope this doesn't mean twins! :)
* You are carrying high - not sure on this one
* Your belly looks like a watermelon - more round I think...
* You crave sweets - no, no, no...I am much healthier than that. I only crave Oreos, sweet tea, cool whip, chocolate shakes and Scobby-Doo fruit snacks.
* You crave fruit - pineapple yes
* You crave orange juice - YES! I need my own orange tree!
* You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy - agreed...puking, three kids, grey hair...need I say more?
* You are moodier than usual during pregnancy - yes
* Your face breaks out more than usual - not really
* You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread - no, I like the heel and sometimes its all that is left after I make sandwiches for the kids and Josh.
* Your breasts have really blossomed - well thank you
* Your pillow faces south when you sleep - nope faces west
* Your urine is a dull yellow in color - no, bright yellow...should drink more water
* If you hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves from side to side - yep
* If you add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is odd - nope

So this quiz shows we are having a girl, but I was thinking it was a boy...hmmm...guess we will have to wait until July to find out! What do you think?



post signature

3 comments:

Abby said...

Yeah, my pillow faces west too :) and it faced south when I had Micah... Go figure :) I have no idea what you are having, but it'd be cool if it was a boy... I like things balanced ;-)

Crystin said...

You crack me up!! I'd say your scientific quiz here might be fairly accurate, as most of the "boy" things applied to my two boys. Too bad about that looking good during pregnancy thing, though. :)

The Leinwetters said...

you already know, i think its a boy. :) you can add a poll to you blog page so people can vote!