Friday, April 17, 2009

Running and "Rocky"

Yesterday Nicholas ran in the Holy Cross Jog-a-thon to raise money for his school. He ran 25 laps around the gym and was very excited because his goal was 20 laps around! Natalie, Naomi and Mommy were his cheering section and Natalie was also his faithful "water girl". I can tell how anxious she is for when the day comes she can do things like big brother...it was all she could do not to run, run, run too. If you sponsored Nicholas in the Jog-a-thon you can make out your donation to Holy Cross Lutheran School and mail it to Nicholas Brueggemann, 4467 N. Edgemoor Court, Bel Aire, KS. We need to have all contributions by Friday, April 24. Thank you!!


In addition to watching Nicholas run, Natalie has been brushing up on her prize-fighting "skillz"...The other day I noticed that she had what was developing into a bit of a black eye under her right eye.

Mommy: How did you hurt your eye?!"

Natalie: "Bonk"

Mommy: "What kind of a bonk?

Natalie: "Don't know"


Mommy then proceeds to ask her partner in crime.

Mommy: "How did Natalie hurt her eye?"

Nicholas: "I don't know, but I bet she got a bonk"

Mommy: "Well, I wonder how it happened?"

Nicholas: "Oh, well did she tell you how it happened?"

Curious Mommy: "No, but do you know?"

Smart Nicholas: "Oh no, no, no I don't know anything either."

Hmmm...my Mommy intuition tells me that the "sibling/I-will-cover-for-you-if-you-cover-for-me" bond has begun...

No comments: